European Federation of
Back to Webinars
Accident Investigation Training [EFFC Members Only]
The European Federation of Foundation Contractors invited all EFFC Members to attend ‘Accident Investigation Training’.
Presented by Lorenzo Alessi (Health, Safety, Environmental Director at Soletanche Bachy & EFFC H&S Working Group Chair), this session covered the following objectives:
- Improve our incident investigation skills
- Clearly define the incident investigation levels of responsibility
- Be able to determine what information is to be gathered during the investigation
- Be able to effectively interview persons with pertinent knowledge
- Be able to use the 5 W’s or Causal Analysis to determine the root or system causes
- Be able to develop appropriate conclusions regarding cause(s) and write effective proposals for corrective action
Lorenzo Alessi holds an Environmental Engineering degree from Politecnico di Milano, Italy and a post-graduate diploma in Environmental Health & Safety Management from Niagara College, Canada. Lorenzo began his career in 2005 in the oil & gas industry covering international Health, Safety & Environmental roles for major engineering consulting and oil & gas service companies. In 2014 he joined Soletanche Bachy Group as QHSE Director and has been chairing the EFFC Health & Safety Working Group since 2019. Very passionate for occupational Health & Safety, Lorenzo strongly believes that Health & Safety excellence is about engaging with people and inspiring behavioural change.