Berlin, 18 May 2022 - 20 May 2022
DFI/EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement, Berlin, Germany
We’re pleased to announce that the DFI/EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement will be taking place between 18th – 20th May 2022 at the Technical University of Berlin, Germany.
This conference will feature presentations that demonstrate how state-of-the-art technologies and approaches provide high value, sustainable, and resilient geotechnical solutions for complex projects. The conference will highlight smart processes and advancements in digitalisation, deep foundation and ground improvement design and construction, project execution, resiliency, risk mitigation, and monitoring and testing.
The conference is seeking industry specialists to share smart approaches and technological innovations with client attendees. Please submit abstracts for original technical papers and panel sessions that demonstrate how state-of-the-art technologies and approaches provide high value, sustainable, and resilient geotechnical solutions for complex projects.
All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and selected papers will be presented orally by the author during the technical sessions. Speakers and attendees will be invited to participate in-person and virtually. Proposals for panel sessions are welcomed and encouraged. Please describe the panel topic and list the proposed speakers in panel abstracts. Paper guidelines are at www.dfi.org/effcberlin2022.
Abstracts are accepted on the following topics:
• Challenges and Achievements of Digitalisation (all aspects of BIM, design phase and process data, costs and building schedule, monitoring data, etc.)
• Ground Improvement Advancements (new technologies, design methods, highly compressible and other difficult ground conditions)
• Smart Solutions for Non-monotonic Loading Conditions (construction technologies and design methods considering dynamic loading, low and high cyclic loading, multi-directional loading, response of reinforced/improved soils, application and limits of current codes and methods)
• International Case Histories (smart, innovative construction and application of deep foundations, ground improvement, retaining walls and other geotechnical structures)
• Deep Foundations Advancements (special construction methods, large diameter and very deep drilled and driven elements, semi-rigid and rigid inclusions, advanced design
• Smart Monitoring and Testing (planning and execution, sensors and instrumentation, integrity testing methods, noise and vibrations, project information and data management systems)
• Sustainability, Life Cycle, and Circular Economy in Geotechnics (re-use of soils, groundwater, and geotechnical materials and constructions, embodied carbon, geothermal foundations, wind energy foundations)
• Risk and Contracting Methods (bid leveling among varying proprietary methods and techniques, decision making considering variety of available methods, innovative project delivery methods)
Please submit your abstract here: www.dfi.org/effcberlin2022
Conference Chair: Frank Rackwitz, Professor, Technical University of Berlin,
Program Co-Chairs: Rolf Katzenbach, Professor, Technical University of
Darmstadt, firstname.lastname@example.org and Frank Haehnig, Managing Director, BAUER Spezialtiefbau GmbH email@example.com
For technical questions, contact: Mary Ellen Bruce Large, P.E., D.GE,
Director of Technical Activities, DFI firstname.lastname@example.org